Glaze Tool and Engineering provides custom automation systems and tooling for a broad variety of industries, including the appliance, agriculture, automotive, medical, pharmaceutical and consumer product markets.
Our experienced team of project managers, mechanical engineers, controls engineers, machinists and assemblers design and produce robust custom solutions that offer long-term reliability. Our modern manufacturing facility is equipped with cutting-edge production machinery and processes, from advanced sensor and robotics to work cells.
Putting Our Customers First.
For us, a key definition of success comes by looking at our customer relationships. And by that measure, Glaze Tool and Engineering is doing well indeed. We have an exceptionally high customer retention rate, which tells us that we’re doing more than few things right. Moreover, some customers have been working with us almost as long as we’ve been in business.
Listening to Our Customers.
We think it boils down to more responsive customer service, as well as our work product. From the first, we focus on listening to you carefully, making sure we thoroughly understand your manufacturing challenge. As we start work, you can expect regular contact with us, from concept to completion. We understand your needs, tailor solutions and track details.
Giving Our Customers Value.
We work with you to make sure our solutions meet your needs exactly, solve your problems, or produce the savings in time or money you were looking for. And we follow up after delivery or installation to make sure that’s still the case. In other words, we go “above and beyond” to make sure you’re satisfied.
A lot of companies talk about their customer service commitment, but we believe that we “walk” the talk. When you work with Glaze Tool and Engineering, we’re treating you like the long-term partner we want you to become.
Our 45 plus years in business ensures the parts you need are designed and delivered correct the first time.
• Custom-engineered solutions. We’re focused on tailoring solutions to your exact needs, for processes including assembly, metal fabrication, tool and die and material handling. We’re a great resource for our customers, often suggesting solutions that save them time and money.
• Large projects or small. Whether your project needs a full design and build, an improvement of a current design, or a duplicate of a current system, Glaze is your best value supplier.
• We don’t sub work out. We produce about 95% of our projects in-house—as opposed to sending it out. As a result, we achieve tighter quality control and greater efficiency for our customers.
• Experience that shows. Glaze Tool and Engineering was established in 1974, and that depth and breadth of experience shows in our constant innovation. We hire the most experienced toolmakers, machine builders, machinists, engineers and designers, and many of our employees have more than 10 years seniority, giving us a deep bench of skills and knowledge.
• Long-lasting customer relationships. For three generations, our focus has been on building excellent relationships with our customers by helping them succeed. In fact, some of our customers have been with us for more than 30 years.
For more than three generations, Glaze Tool and Engineering has been dedicated to providing quality, service and competitive pricing to our customers. We’re a family-owned shop, and pride ourselves on running our business with high ethical standards and an exceptional focus on our customers.
The long line of Glaze family toolmakers began with Eugene V. Glaze, who founded B&G Quality Tool & Die in Anderson, Indiana. His son, E. William Glaze Sr., started Glaze Tool and Engineering in 1974 in New Haven, Indiana.
Today, his son, E. William Glaze, Jr., serves as president and CEO of the company. The business has grown considerably, and the Glaze offices have been enlarged a number of times over the years to accommodate that growth. Bill Glaze Jr.’s son, Tanner, is currently learning the business as a toolmaker, extending the Glaze family legacy at least another generation into the future.
Got an equipment crisis? We’re available for extended hours to provide convenient emergency and same-day service.